• Summarize the physiological response of healing to hamstring strains.
• Discuss the incidence of hamstring strains and the resulting influence on sport participation.
• Discuss the importance to assess lengthened-state hamstring muscle for weakness.
• Design and implement a rehabilitation/prevention program consistent with prevention techniques for hamstring muscles.
• Understand eccentric hamstring exercise in a lengthened state.
The course is a lecture style course that reviews pertinent anatomy of the hamstring and associated areas. There is also an overview of exercises associated with post-injury rehabilitation and physiological basis of treatment to the hamstring injury. The rehabilitation includes introduction the extended state hamstring exercise and return to play progression.