• Identify the components of emergency action planning and medical care for sport populations.
• Identity components of assessment and treatment of exertional heat illness.
• To adequately prepare for events involving critical injury, develop an Emergency Action Plan.
• Familiarize your staff with the plan and proper implementation. Review the plan regarding activation of emergency medical personnel.
• Specify the roles of each team member in the event of an injury.
The course is a lecture style course that reviews the components of the emergency action plan including role delineation of the team. The course also includes environmental challenges including exertional heat illness with best practices referenced for recognition and treatment. Course is lecture format.