• Explain the importance of self-care and give two examples of self-care behaviors
• Identify signs and symptoms of various mental health illnesses
• List 3 triggers that contribute to mental health illnesses
• Develop mental health assessments to identify at-risk athletes
• Create a plan for referring athletes with suspected psychological concerns to appropriate mental health care professionals
This course is an overview of issues athletic trainers face in these challenging times we face. Mental health is a growing aspect within the total care of patients, and athletics are not exempt from the issues faced.